Excel Intermediate/Advanced Complex Formula 26 May 22
Event Date:26 May 2022 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
This course requires a paid subscription to access. Please login to see if your organisation has a subscription.
Closing Date:25 May 2022
Complex Formula in Excel
- Review of simple formula
- Formula with relative referencing
- Formula with absolute referencing
- Applying BODMAS
- Create a 3D Reference (total of multiple sheets) and create a summary sheet
The true advantage of cell references is that they allow you to update data in your worksheet without having to rewrite formulas.
Relative cell references are basic cell references that adjust and change when copied or when using AutoFill.
There may be times when you do not want a cell reference to change when filling cells. Unlike relative references, absolute references do not change when copied or filled. You can use an absolute reference to keep a row and/or column constant.
BODMAS stands for "brackets, orders, division, multiplication, addition, subtraction". It is the order of how Microsoft Excel works out how to perform the order of calculations.
Creating 3D referencing in Excel within a formula involves referring to the same cell or the same range of cells, on different worksheets.
Online training will be delivered via MS Teams. You will receive joining instructions before your selected session.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Create complex formulas using absolute and relative cell referencing in Excel
- Use the BODMAS rule with calculations
- Create a 3D reference in a formula using multiple worksheets