Cervical Screening Management System
Getting ready for the new NHS Cervical Screening Management System
The NHS is introducing a new NHS Cervical Screening Management System which will replace the current call/recall IT system for cervical screening that sits on the National Health Application and Infrastructure Services (NHAIS) platform.
All staff involved in the delivery of Cervical Screening Services in England must have an NHS smartcard (and a smartcard reader) ready to access the new system. All smartcards must have the correct roles and cervical screening workgroup applied by the Practice Manage to use the new system.
If you could follow the guidance below to check you have access to Workgroup Management Assignment (WGMA), if you do not have access then complete a smart form link below requesting you are given access to WGMA and the names and 12 digit smartcard numbers of any additional users you need to give access to.
Please sign-up for new CSMS updates here https://crm.digital.nhs.uk/clickdimensions/?clickpage=7z7ifdayeey25gaisacecgClickDimensions · Customer Self-Service (digital.nhs.uk)
The new NHS Cervical Screening Management System (CSMS) will replace the National Cervical Screening call/recall system NHAIS which is accessed via Open Exeter.
As Open Exeter will no longer be accessible after the transition to the new NHS CSMS, it is vital that Registration Authorities and system users take action to enable a seamless switchover.
This guide will assist in the adding and removal of individual users to the Cervical Screening Work Group (CSWG)
Objective: is to add and remove individual user to you practice Cervical Screening Workgroup.
Please note you must have a Practice Manager position on your smartcard for the organisation you are working for.
1. Log into Care Identity Service (Where you normally manage smartcards)
2. Go to the workgroup tab right mouse click on tab.
3. Check that the Cervical Screening work group has been created, if you cannot see the cervical screening work group, please complete a smart form link below and ask for one to be created, before you can go any further.
4. Click on cervicalscreening in blue (last slide) and you should see the Workgroup Membership Administrators (WGMA) user that have rights to assign cervical screening to staff members if you are not in this group and you are the practice manager, please complete a smart form asking to be added as a WGMA administrator. If you are in the group move to next stage.
1. On the tab bar type in the 12digit smartcard number (this can be found on the front of the smartcard) Click Search.
2. Click on smartcard number in UUID field in blue.
3. You should see users profile details go to Directly Assigned Workgroup Details.
4. Click on Modify Workgroup Assignment (Right hand side of page).
5. Click Add Workgroup.
6. You should see the page above tick the box at the side of Cervicalscreening, not the root workgroup if it appears, click continue.
7. Select the Access Profile possibly Practice Nurse or Administrator, but it may have a slightly different title. click continue.
8. Tick the box at side do not change the start date or end date. Submit request.
9. You have completed adding workgroup to individual user.
Note: You may remove Cervical Screening workgroup from user you do not want to have access anymore or if they are leaving.
1. Follow steps above to search for user.
2. When you have found user go to Modify Workgroup Assignment
3. Click on trash can at end of workgroup details.
4. Click Submit
5. You will be prompted are you sure you want to remove cervical screening workgroup.
6. Click on confirm.
7. View users details again, and the workgroup should have been removed from the users.
For more information, please check the national website:
Or email the national team: